Williamsburg (Massachusetts) High School Yearbooks
Williamsburg's high school program, established in the 1850s, was originally housed on the second floor of the Williamsburg Center School. It was originally built to consolidate some of the outlying district schools. It was purchased in 1925 by the Grange, and extensively remodeled in the 1950s to make today's Grange Hall. Williamsburg benefactor, Helen E. James, made it possible to build a new high school in the village of Williamsburg. On September 4, 1914, the building was dedicated as the Helen E. James School. In its day it was known as "The Gem of the Small High Schools of Massachusetts." The first graduating class (1914) in the new school had 5 members; the last graduating class (1971) had 61 graduates. The Unquomonk, 1916, was produced for one year only. The yearbook, The Tattler, started in 1923 and continued until the high school closed in 1971. Forty-eight volumes were produced. The Williamsburg Historical Society generously lent copies of The Tattler not held by the Meekins Library for digitization. Ralmon Jon Black prepared the indices.
- The Unquomonk 1916
- The Tattler 1923 | 1924
- The Tattler 1925 | 1926 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929
- The Tattler 1930 | 1931 | 1932 | 1933 | 1934
- The Tattler 1935 | 1936 | 1937 | 1938 | 1939
- The Tattler 1940 | 1941 | 1942 | 1943 | 1944
- The Tattler 1945 | 1946 | 1947 | 1948 | 1949
- The Tattler 1950 | 1951 | 1952 | 1953 | 1954
- The Tattler 1955 | 1956 | 1957 | 1958 | 1959
- The Tattler 1960 | 1961 | 1962 | 1963 | 1964
- The Tattler 1965 | 1966 | 1967 | 1968 | 1969
- The Tattler 1970 | 1971
Please credit the Meekins Library, Williamsburg, Mass., or the Williamsburg (Mass.) Historical Society, as noted, as the original source of the item for all use.
We welcome any additional information or questions you might have about an item in our collection. Please contact us.
You can reach the Meekins archivist and librarians with questions about Meekins collections at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 413-268-7472.